Thursday, May 22, 2008

A little history

I am relatvely new to the world of blogging....so if you have any pointers, please feel free to let me know!

I was inspired to do this by an acquaintance of mine, she has a page for her daughter. So....I figured why not do the same for my little girl?

Elayna is now 2 years old. She is such a joy and blessing to us. My pregnancy was a surprise to my husband and I, but I don't think that it could've come at a better time. My mother had just passed away very unexpectedly and my family was grieving. You see, I am the only girl of four children. Two older brothers and one younger. The older boys were both married with children, but mothers don't usually get to share in the pregnancy experience as much with the daughter-in-laws, so Mom was very much looking forward to me having children. It was a very bittersweet discovery for me when I got that positive test a month and half after she had passed.

Elayna came into the world 18 days early via emergency ceserean on May 2, 2006 at 12:30 a.m.. She was perfect! She weighed in at 5lbs 6.5oz, 18 3/4 inches long with a head of black hair. Needless to say, I couldn't have asked for a better first child. She was easy going and happy.

On June 1 we started our long move from Chattanooga, TN back to my hometown in upstate NY. My childhood home was vacant, as my parents had moved to AL the previous year. We had a very eventful first year between moving and some hard times. Elayna was a breeze. It was pretty much she and I, as my husband was working second shift plus overtime to cover our bills. Elayna and I spent a lot of time with our "adopted" family, Tim and Sue Willower. Sue had been a dear friend to my Mom and had taken me under wing after Mom passed. Elayna adores them and their kids (well....the youngest is 21 so technically their not kids, LOL!). We are so very thankful for the part the Willowers have played in our daughter's life. They truely are a Godsend!

Thankfully my husband has gotten a new DAY job and is home with us so much more. Elayna loves being with her Daddy! She meets him at the door everyday when he gets home and asks where he is every morning when she wakes up!


The years have gone so fast! I still can't believe she is two already!


She is potty trained, says please and thank you, sings her ABC's, counts to 10, says her prayers every night, she knows some Spanish and some Sign Language. Elayna is so like me when I was little....gentle, compassionate, tender hearted, and LOVES animals.

I am going to try to start teaching her what her numbers and letters actually look like. We are working on her colors now. My brother, Sam, told me that when I was little my Mom had me reading and doing flashcards before I even went to kindergarten. Elayna is so smart, I am eager to start teaching her to identify her letters and numbers!

I will keep everyone posted!!

No comments: